The air conditioning may be broadly classified as follows:
- According to the purpose Comfort
- air conditioning system
- Industrial air conditioning system,
- According to the season of the year Winter air conditioning system,
- Summer air conditioning,
- Year-round air conditioning.
- According to the arrangement of equipment
- Unitary air conditioning system
- Central air conditioning system.
Window Air- Conditioner
Figure shows the schematic diagram of a window air-conditioner. The window air-conditioner works on the vapour compression refrigeration cycle. The basic components of the system are compressor, condenser, a capillary tube and an evaporator, in addition, filters, accumulators, motors, fan and electrical controls from the rest of components. The high pressure gas (refrigerant), which comes out of the compressor, is condensed in the condenser using ambient air as a coolant. The liquid refrigerant is expanded in a capillary tube and the n enters the evaporator. Here, it evaporates and causes the refrigerating effect. Then fan blows the fresh air over the evaporator coil, which cools the air. The cool air is supplied the room. Meanwhile, refrigerant from the evaporator enters the compressor to be compressed and the cycle is repeats itself.